Nusa Dua, Bali - Regional Secretariat of CTI-CFF recognized that mutual benefit could be gained through enhanced cooperation with partners. CTI-CFF has endorsed Coral Triangle Center as development partner at 5th CTI-CFF Ministerial Meeting in Manado on May 2014 and now formalizes several relevant collaborative efforts in fostering capacity building and enhancing key stakeholders’ participation in achieving CTI-CFF and goals through an MoU. This MoU will be valid for 5 years, for cooperation on the following aspects:
1. Assessment and facilitation of training and learning needs with the Technical Working Groups (TWGs) to achieve the Regional Plan of Action (RPoA), with focus on the delivery of practical trainings, workshops and learning exchanges at the regional and national levels.
2. Support to Marine Protected Areas (MPA), also MPA learning network and a Coral Triangle-wide MPA Learning Sites Portfolio.
3. Support to cross-cutting initiatives engaging key stakeholders in achieving the goals of the RPoA including:
- Women Leaders Forum
- Local Government Network
- Regional Business Forum
- Coral Triangle Day outreach activities
4. Promote and engage (mainstream) CTI-CFF in regional and international forums and conferences such as World Ocean Council (WOC), International Coral Reefs Symposium (ICRS), World Conservation Congress (WCC) among others.